Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One Year of Kris-bert, Part II

So, we leave the Cadillac Bar and head out for the Boardwalk's rides. Kris had ride free tickets, so I was getting nostalgic for my times at Cedar Point and Kings Island back in Ohio. Our first ride was the carousel. Nothing too fancy or scary although Kristin let it be known that for no reason whatsoever was I to shake the car we were in when the ride stopped with us at the highest point. After another fairly tame ride, we took on the Inverter. Kris was reluctant to do so, but proving her love and strength of character, she agreed. This was a ride, as you might guess, that swings you up and down until you're finally turned all the way upside down perpendicular to the ground. I got some good chuckles out of it, but Kristin was not happy at all. One look at her face toward the end of the adventure let me know this was Kris at her unconditionally loving best. She stepped on this ride solely for me. I've always been impressed and struck with awe at her giving spirit, and this just proves what a wonderful, generous person she is.

It's rare that you can come across someone in life who is so giving and totally selfless. To have her in my life, I am very fortunate. Her spirit inspires me to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment