Monday, August 31, 2009

One Year of Kris-bert

Saturday, August 29, Kris and I celebrated the one year anniversary of our first date with a trip down to Kemah. Officially, the first date was August 30, 2008, but we decided to do our celebrating a day early. This was my first trip down there in almost nine years, so I was quite unprepared for whatever we might find down there. The evening got off to a smashing start with a waitress at the Cadillac Bar who played hide and seek when it came time for the check. Maybe she wasn't all right in the head. I don't know, but I could have read War and Peace in the time it took for her to get the bill out to us. Both Kris and I were thoroughly stuffed, I with the grande burrito, she with a lovely helping of quesadillas (or "dang quesadillas" as Napoleon Dynamite's aunt called them). We both worried about my, well, pipes, after taking in such a hearty Mexican meal. I assured Kris that all was well, and I think our favorite part of the dinner portion of the evening was watching a little boy take baskets of chips off patrons' tables to feed the fish. I had no idea the marine life had such a multicultural diet. Of course, we did catch some bizarre boardwalk strollers when we people watched during the meal. Then again, maybe those same people are commenting in their own blogs about the bizarre couple from Saturday night at Cadillac Bar.

More anniversary stories to come later..............

To quote The Four Seasons, "Oh, what a night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment