Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fount of What??????

OK, let me welcome myself to the world of blogging. "Self, welcome."
"Thank you, self."
All right, all right, now that the introductions are out of the way, allow me to first explain the title I have chosen. Most of the time (my lovely girlfriend, Kristin, may not agree with this), I have a pretty sharp memory. And for some reason, I seem to remember the most random, useless information. Hopefully, I'll have a chance someday to take advantage of this on a game show or a book about repressed childhood memories (don't those seem to always be of interest), but until then..........

1. My parents were married on April 10, 1970, which according to one book I read, is the date the Beatles officially broke up.
2. The executive producers of several sitcoms of the '80's and '90's are William Bickley and Michael Warren. My dad went to grad school with a guy by that name, but to my knowledge, Pops has never worked in the entertainment industry.
3. I was raised on folk music, and my first concert was Peter, Paul, and Mary.
4. Sting was a school teacher (not a very happy one) before he took up music full-time.
5. I was born on Kristin's parents' anniversary (actually the year before they married).
6. I was born two months to the day after the great American distance runner Steve Prefontaine died.
7. From 1978 to 1984, my family lived in Enterprise, AL. Enterprise is the home of the boll weevil, an insect that eats cotton crop. There's even a statue to the little bugger (pun intended) in the middle of town.

This is just a sample of the bizarre gift (perhaps it's a curse) the good Lord has blessed me with. More random, useless information to follow.....

1 comment:

  1. I agree that you can remember useless the information - the problem is that you don't remember important information.

    ReplyDelete