Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's 8:30, and I'm Still at Work. What Am I, a Teacher?

Indeed, it's officially 8:34 by my computer clock as I begin typing. Time management is oh, so sorely needed. I was discussing with a coworker the possibility of doing all my grading during the week and saving the weekend for planning/creating lessons. With six classes to teach this year (one of which is totally new to me), I definitely need to manage my time better and plan better in just about every area of life. I'm not the eager beaver I once was in my youth, able to work until all hours of the night and stimulate young minds with ease and passion the next day. Then again, maybe I'm selling myself short, and I can be that same person, just with the effort and time spent in the right direction. I've always spent quite a bit of time on my schoolwork and keeping in touch with parents. Ah, but now comes the challenge of juggling six classes (three preps), a second job, driving the cross-country and volleyball teams to their away games, coaching soccer (it'll start up in a few months), and time with my lovely lady friend. I wonder if it's possible to grade while I'm driving? Hmm, maybe I could get a tape recorder. Did I mention I've always been a people pleaser? Always have been. Sometimes that can be a good thing, sometimes not so much. I'll even admit I put too much stock in what people think of me, and that includes all people. My nerves and emotions do need to toughen up. Perhaps, a steeling of the nerves will help in the time management area.

Any ideas out there?????

No comments:

Post a Comment